The workshop is residential and will take place at Villa Mondragone, a beautiful Renaissance villa in Frascati, at the outskirts of Rome. The mass of Villa Mondragone (16th century), looming up on a hill 416 m. above sea-level, lies in the area of the villas by the ancient town of Tusculum, between the commune of Frascati and the one of Monte Porzio Catone (to which it belongs). This area, called Castelli Romani, is about 20 km south-east of Rome.
Invited participants are expected to reach the Villa Vecchia Hotel, where they will be hosted, in the afternoon. The organization will provide meals and lodging to the invited participants for the whole duration of the workshop.
Access from Fiumicino Airport
You can either take:
· a fast train to Termini railway station (departures every 30 minutes, first departure at 06:37, last departure at 23:37, the trip lasts 30 minutes), ticket Euro 8.80 , and then continue from Termini (see below)
· a taxi. The taxi should cost around 60 to 70 Euro – 71 to 82 US$, see below the instructions on the best way to do it.
Access from Ciampino Airport
You can either take:
· a bus. There is a blue COTRAL bus (only one line) to Anagnina underground terminal. The bus leaves every 30 minutes or so and stops at Ciampino railways station and at Anagnina underground terminal. It takes about 40 minnutes to get to Anagnina. The ticket is on sale at the newspaper kiosk in the airport. Then you continue from Anagnina (see below) with a taxi.
· a taxi. The taxi should cost around 40 to 50 Euro – 47 to 59 US$, see below the instructions on the best way to do it.
Access from Termini railway station
· The train to downtown Frascati leaves every hour. For the exact schedule go to any Ticket Office (after 9 a.m there`s a train at minute 52 of every hour). The last train is at 9.52 p.m. Once you are in Frascati take a taxi to the hotel.
Access by car or taxi
· From highway A1 (Milano - Napoli) or from highway A24 (Roma - L'Aquila/Pescara): follow direction Roma Sud, exit Monte Porzio Catone, then follow signs to Villa Mondragone and Hotel Villa Vecchia.
· From highway A1 (Roma - Napoli): exit Monte Porzio Catone, then follow signs to Villa Mondragone and Hotel Villa Vecchia.
· From downtown Rome: take the G.R.A. (Grande Raccordo Anulare, the ring highway around Rome) to the highway A1 Roma - Napoli, then exit Monte Porzio Catone. Follow signs to Villa Mondragone and Hotel Villa Vecchia.
Professor Franco Peracchi
Phone: +39 06 7259 5934