Civita Association, which operates in the field of Cultural Heritage, announces the second edition of the competition, in memory of Gianfranco Imperatori.
Civita Association, which operates in the field of Cultural Heritage, announces the second edition of the competition, in memory of Gianfranco Imperatori, a man of culture and economist, for the award of a scholarship for research on the following topics:
• economic impacts of culture in the city, in terms of tourism and cultural industries;
• social networks and innovative technologies for cultural management and/or communication;
• statistical methods and analysis to measure the impacts of the cultural sector at European level.
The scholarship is for students with Master or specialization degrees in economics, social sciences, statistics, communication, museology, art history and archaeology.
Priority will be given to the following:
• a PhD, especially if the doctoral dissertation is related to the themes of the scholarship;
• previous experience of research conducted at public and private institutions, relating to the themes of the scholarship;
• scientific publications on topics related to research and the themes of the scholarship;
• good knowledge of at least one foreign language, among English, French, German, Spanish (preferably corroborated by an appropriate certification).
The duration of the scholarship is 12 months and it is not renewable. The research must be carried out in Italy. The scholarship amounts to €19.500,00 and cannot be combined with other scholarships.
To participate in the competition, students must submit their application by 30 April 2011, only via registered mail to Civita Association, ’’Gianfranco Imperatori’’ Study Centre, Piazza Venezia 11, 00186 Rome, Italy, attaching:
• a signed application form in which name, surname, address, social security number, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of the achieved degree, and diploma of doctoral research, if any, obtained in Italy or abroad within the deadline for the submission of applications;
• a CV;
• the research project which the candidate intends to carry out, in line with the topics identified above;
• a statement authorizing the processing of data according to the Italian “Privacy” Law.
The research project must include:
• description of the research programme, detailing the actions;
• expected results;
• timetable of activities.
The scholarship will be activated within 50 days after receipt of the winner’s declaration of acceptance. It will be paid in monthly instalments of €1.625,00.